Victoria King Public Relations, Inc. (VKPR) is a Santa Monica-based boutique public relations agency specializing in luxury travel clientele, including domestic and international hotels and resorts.
VKPR is seeking candidates prepared to move into the Senior Account Executive role.
Ideal candidates should have:
- 2-4 years of public relations experience (travel and/or lifestyle), either at an agency (preferred) or in-house
- Proficient at drafting press releases, pulling media lists and interacting with clients
- Candidates should be highly organized with strong multi-tasking capabilities, detail-oriented, efficient, reliable, trustworthy, and enthusiastic about the public relations field.
- Demonstrated track record of successful media placements and the implementation of new client programs
- An understanding of the media and influencer marketing landscape, with a keen sense for “trend spotting.”
- Able to work on multiple accounts and manage highly proactive media engagement efforts, while spearheading content and storyline development.
- Social media savvy, able to work independently, meet deadlines and maintain a professional attitude.
- Strong writing, editing, listening and verbal skills
- Qualified applicants must have a college degree (preferably in public relations, marketing, journalism or communications) and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and PR tools such as CisionPoint.
Ideal candidates will be responsible for:
- Maintain strong client-agency relationship
- Develop strategic communication plans, including media opportunities, tactics, and timelines consistent with the overall PR strategy
- Create and develop pro-active pitch ideas for clients based on current trends and various announcements
- Pull top target media distribution lists
- Coordinating press events and press trips
- Drafting media materials – press kits, press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, bios, and backgrounders
- Providing general public relations counsel on a daily basis.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to .... No phone calls, please.